About COVID-19 | CEMEX
Our COVID-19 Actions
Safely Supporting an Essential Industry
At CEMEX, we are fully committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, and communities while enabling the construction industry to continue with its activities, which are essential to our society.
The construction industry keeps communications systems functioning, maintains critical transport infrastructure such as bridges and roads, repairs existing hospital infrastructure, creates new temporary emergency hospitals and healthcare facilities, and keeps society’s basic needs such as water, energy, and many others functioning.
In times of physical distancing, the cement, concrete, and aggregates industries are inherently safe due to the low worker density they require. We have augmented this by implementing additional health and safety protocols.
You can read more about how construction is a safe and essential industry in our position paper.
A Message From Our CEO
First of all, I hope that you and your families are healthy and safe.
The global COVID-19 pandemic is a social and economic phenomenon that is affecting all of us both professionally and personally.
For many years health and safety have been our top priority and that remains true during these challenging times. Due to the low worker density of the construction industry and our operations, we are naturally a safer working environment. We are reinforcing this by complementing our existing safety procedures with additional specific protocols intended to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 and to further protect our employees, customers, suppliers, and communities. Our full-service digital platforms, like CEMEX Go, also play a pivotal role in our ability to safely serve our customers by reducing the need for physical contact.
The construction industry provides essential services for our society during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. We build critical infrastructure such as hospitals and roads and we help reactivate local and national economies by providing employment and developing communities.
All of us at CEMEX are giving it our best. You can count on us now more than ever.
Fernando A. González
How we're keeping our customers, employees, and suppliers safe
In accordance with global, national, and local health authority recommendations, we have developed and implemented strict safety protocols throughout our operations. These procedures are designed to protect our employees, communities, and customers and limit the transmission of COVID-19. We will continue to update our processes and procedures to adhere to local and international regulations and strengthen our special protocols as required.
Our special contingency protocols include:
- Access Control Screening Protocol
- Arrival at Site Protocol
- Back to the Office Protocol
- Block Accommodation/Camps Protocol
- Call Center Protocol
- Canteen & Resting Area Protocol
- Cash Transactions Protocol
- Cement Plant Protocol
- Central Control Room Protocol
- Commercial Activities and Client Management Protocol
- Community Activities Protocol
- Construction Sites Protocol
- Contractors and Visitors Protocol
- COVID-19 Site Coordinator Responsibilities Protocol
- Discontinuation of Home Isolation
- Document Handling Protocol
- Drivers Waiting Area Protocol
- Emergency Response & First Aid Protocol
- Escalation Protocol
- Event Concentration Protocol
- Field Remote Support Protocol
- Haulers Protocol
- Home-Work-Home Commuting Protocol
- Industrial Clients Protocols
- Key Personnel Unavailability Protocol
- Leaving Site Protocol
- Loading & Dispatch Protocol
- Locker & Changing Rooms Protocol
- Maintenance Crew Protocol
- Meetings Protocol
- On-Road Activities Protocol
- Packaging Area Protocol
- Personal Hygiene Protocol
- Personal Workstation Protocol
- Physical Distancing Protocol
- Port Operations Protocol
- Product Delivery Protocol
- Quality Lab Protocol
- Quarantine Protocol
- Ready-Mix Plant Protocol
- Ready-Mix Trucks for Urban Cleaning Protocol
- Retailers & Warehouses Protocol
- Safety Systems Protocol
- Safety Toolbox Talks Protocol
- Shift Handover Protocol
- Taking Care of Family at Home Protocol
- Travel Protocol
- Vehicle Operation Protocol
- Visitor Induction & Training Protocol
- Visits to Closed Sites
- Workplace Cleaning Protocol
- Workshops & Toolrooms Protocol
We understand that this is an uncertain time for many of our partners, customers, and communities and want to support you where we can.
If you need to get in touch with us or have questions about products, services or deliveries please contact your local representative and we will be happy to help.