CEMEX donates U.S.$1M to earthquake relief effort
September 11, 2017
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (“CEMEX”) (NYSE: CX) announced today that it would provide the equivalent of U.S.$1 million in building materials for reconstruction efforts in states affected by the tragic earthquake registered in southern Mexico on September 7, 2017.
CEMEX in Mexico has an operational and commercial presence in the affected states, and fortunately, all of the company’s employees are safe from harm.
In addition, CEMEX has initiated the following humanitarian initiatives:
- Supply of basic goods in the affected communities, including food, cleaning, and hygienic items
- Establishment of a fund to receive voluntary donations from CEMEX’s personnel worldwide
- Activation of a CEMEX volunteer program to aid the affected states
- Vehicle mobilization to support the transportation of people and heavy machinery for debris removal
- Expansion of social self-construction programs focused on providing dignified housing to low-income families
- Provision of certain commercial benefits to support those affected by this natural tragedy.
“It is once again time for us to show our solidarity with the people of Mexico. Faced with this natural tragedy, we embrace our responsibility to support our fellow citizens,” said Fernando A. Gonzalez, CEO of CEMEX. “We can all join in this great effort to overcome adversity.”
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable services to customers and communities in more than 50 countries. CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through innovative building solutions, efficiency advancements, and efforts to promote a sustainable future. For more information on CEMEX, please visit: www.cemex.com
This press release contains forward-looking statements and information that are necessarily subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. CEMEX assumes no obligation to update or correct the information contained in this press release.