About Us - Press Release - CEMEX announces global public offering
September 8, 2009
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: CX) announced today that it commenced a global public offering of 1,200 million of its Ordinary Participation Certificates (CPOs), directly or in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs), plus up to an additional 180 million CPOs, directly or in the form of ADSs, to cover over-allotments. Included in the offering are 595 million CPOs (directly or in the form of ADSs) that will be sold on CEMEX’s behalf by three of its subsidiaries. Of the 1,200 million CPOs being offered, it is expected that 900 million CPOs will be offered (directly or in the form of ADSs) in the United States and in other countries outside Mexico and approximately 300 million CPOs will be offered in a concurrent public offering in Mexico. The transaction is subject to market and other conditions.
J.P. Morgan, Citi, Santander Investment, and BBVA will act as global coordinators for the global offering. J.P. Morgan, Citi, Santander Investment, BBVA, BNP Paribas, HSBC, and RBS will act as joint bookrunning managers on the international offering. Acciones y Valores Banamex Casa de Bolsa, J.P. Morgan Casa de Bolsa, Casa de Bolsa BBVA Bancomer, Santander Casa de Bolsa, and HSBC Casa de Bolsa will act as bookrunning managers for the Mexican offering.
CEMEX intends to use the net proceeds from the global offering to pay down debt as required by the financing agreement recently entered into with its creditors.
A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and is effective. A Spanish language prospectus has been filed with Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores (Mexican securities authority). This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state.
The offering is made solely by means of prospectuses. Copies of the international prospectus may be obtained from the prospectus departments of:
- J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., 4 Chase Metrotech Center, CS Level, Brooklyn, NY 11245, Attention: Prospectus Library, Tel: (718) 242-8002
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Brooklyn Army Terminal, 140 58th Street, 8th floor, Brooklyn NY 11220, Tel: (718) 765-6732
- Santander Investment, Equity Capital Markets, 45 East 53rd Street, 12th floor, New York 10022, NY, Tel: (212) 407-0963, Attention. Elias Ehrlich
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A, Vía de los Poblados s/n, 28033 Madrid, Attention: ECM Department, Tel: +34 (91) 537-9337
- BNP Paribas Equity Syndicate, 16 avenue de Matignon, 75008, Paris, France
- HSBC, Attention: Prospectus Dept., 452 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, Tel: (866) 811-8049
- RBS Securities Inc., 600 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, Attention: Prospectus Library, Tel: (203) 897-9874
Copies of the Mexican prospectus may be obtained from the prospectus departments of:
- Acciones y Valores Banamex Casa de Bolsa Paseo de la Reforma 398 – 4° piso, Col. Juárez, 06600 México, D.F., Attention: J Antonio Espíndola / Santiago Guzmán, Equity Capital Markets
- J.P. Morgan Casa de Bolsa, Av Paseo de las Palmas 405, Col Lomas de Chapultepec, piso 16, Mexico City 11000, Mexico, Attention: Ricardo Carvallo, Tel: +52 (55) 5540-9361
- Casa de Bolsa BBVA Bancomer, Montes Urales 620 2º floor, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec 11000, Mexico D.F. Attention: Banca de Inversión/ECM México, Tel: +52 (55) 5201-2069
- Santander Casa de Bolsa, Equity Capital Markets, Prol. Paseo de la Reforma, #500 Módulo 109 Col. Lomas de Santa Fe, Alvaro Obregón, 01219, México DF, Tel: +52 (55) 5269-1819, Attention: Roberto Baena
- HSBC Casa de Bolsa, Attention: Luis A Hernandez, Tesorería HSBC, Av Paseo de la Reforma 347 Piso 15, Col Cuauhtémoc C.P 06500, Mexico D.F
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries throughout the world. CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through its efforts to pursue innovative industry solutions and efficiency advancements, and to promote a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.cemex.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements and information that are necessarily subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. No assurances can be given as to when or whether CEMEX will consummate a public offering of equity securities under the approvals granted by CEMEX shareholders or as to the terms of any such offering. Many factors could affect CEMEX’s decisions to proceed with any such offering. Many factors could also cause the actual results, performance, or achievements of CEMEX to be materially different from those expressed or implied in this release, including, among others, changes in general economic, political, governmental and business conditions globally and in the countries in which CEMEX does business, changes in interest rates, changes in inflation rates, changes in exchange rates, the level of construction generally, changes in cement demand and prices, changes in raw material and energy prices, changes in business strategy, and various other factors. CEMEX assumes no obligation to update or correct the information contained in this press release.