Our 2030 Targets
Our 2030 Targets
We have defined a new set of ambitions with a 2030 vision that strengthens our commitment to building a better world and helping to alleviate some of the most significant challenges communities face today.
1. Our target for NPS was updated from 60 to 70, given our extraordinary performance in 2020.
2. Target recently updated from 35% to >40%, we plan to validate by the Science Based Target initiative (SBTi).
3. During 2020 we developed the methodology for our Water Action Plans and will begin roll-out in 2021.
NOTE: Objectives and goals described above are based on CEMEX's current business model and are subject to change as a result of different factors.
To know more about our KPI’s progress, please consult our 2020 Integrated Report.
THE RATIONALE BEHIND OUR NEW AMBITIONS
We conceive of sustainability as the only safe way to do business. This implies managing risks and opportunities and coordinating environmental, social, and financial demands relying on a solid governance framework. Sustainability is embedded in CEMEX’s strategy, and thus, it is linked to all functions across our business lines.
Coordinated by the Sustainability team, the process to define CEMEX 2030 Sustainability Ambitions involved collaboration of more than 10 corporate functions. Representatives from all countries and regions were also active participants in this effort, given our bottom-up approach to define our commitments with all of our business units accountable for contributing to the global goals’ achievement.
Some of the key inputs that fed our internal discussions and analysis to define these new objectives include:
- 2030 Agenda based on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- The Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- Milestones in carbon regulated markets
- WBCSD-IEA Low-Carbon Transition in the Cement Industry Roadmap
- Global trends, risks, challenges, and opportunities
- Materiality Matrix
- CEMEX Top Management perspectives
- Key stakeholders’ concerns and interests (e.g., governments, NGOs, universities, ESG analysts, industry associations, etc.)