About Us - Press Release - CEMEX announces successful pricing of 1.3 billion CPO global offering
September 22, 2009
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. (NYSE: CX) announced today the pricing of its global offering of 1.3 billion of its Ordinary Participation Certificates (CPOs), directly or in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs), each ADS comprised of 10 CPOs, at a price of U.S.$12.50 per ADS, or MXP16.64825 per CPO. The global offering was increased from the originally announced amount of 1.2 billion CPOs.
Of the 1.3 billion CPOs offered, 975 million CPOs (directly or in the form of ADSs) will be sold in the United States and elsewhere outside of Mexico and 325 million CPOs will be sold in Mexico. The estimated net proceeds to the Company from the global offering (directly and as a result of the sales by CEMEX's subsidiaries), before giving effect to any exercise of the underwriters' over-allotment option, are expected to be approximately US$1,549 million.
The Company has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 195 million CPOs (directly or in the form of ADSs) to cover any over-allotments internationally and in Mexico.
J.P. Morgan, Citi, Santander Investment and BBVA are acting as global coordinators for the global offering. J.P. Morgan, Citi, Santander Investment, BBVA, BNP Paribas, HSBC and RBS are acting as joint bookrunning managers on the international offering. Acciones y Valores Banamex Casa de Bolsa, J.P. Morgan Casa de Bolsa, Casa de Bolsa BBVA Bancomer, Santander Casa de Bolsa and HSBC Casa de Bolsa are acting as bookrunning managers for the Mexican offering.
CEMEX will use the net proceeds from the global offering to pay down debt as required by the financing agreement recently entered into with its creditors.
A registration statement relating to the securities has been filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and is effective. A Spanish language prospectus has been filed with, and approved for use by, the Comisión Nacional Bancaria y de Valores (Mexican securities authority).
This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the securities, nor shall there be any sale of the securities in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.
Copies of the final international prospectus, when available, may be obtained from the prospectus departments of:
- J.P. Morgan Securities Inc., 4 Chase Metrotech Center, CS Level, Brooklyn, NY 11245, Attention: Prospectus Library, Tel: (718) 242-8002
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Brooklyn Army Terminal, 140 58th Street, 8th floor, Brooklyn NY 11220, Tel: (718) 765-6732
- Santander Investment, Equity Capital Markets, 45 East 53rd Street, 12th floor, New York 10022, NY, Tel: (212) 407-0963, Attention. Elias Ehrlich
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A, Vía de los Poblados s/n, 28033 Madrid, Attention: ECM Department, Tel: +34 (91) 537-9337
- BNP Paribas Equity Syndicate, 16 avenue de Matignon, 75008, Paris, France
- HSBC, Attention: Prospectus Dept., 452 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, Tel: (866) 811-8049
- RBS Securities Inc., 600 Washington Blvd, Stamford, CT 06901, Attention: Prospectus Library, Tel: (203) 897-9874
Copies of the final Mexican prospectus, when available, may be obtained from the prospectus departments of:
- Acciones y Valores Banamex Casa de Bolsa Paseo de la Reforma 398 - 4° piso, Col. Juárez, 06600 México, D.F., Attention: J Antonio Espíndola / Santiago Guzmán, Equity Capital Markets
- J.P. Morgan Casa de Bolsa, Av Paseo de las Palmas 405, Col Lomas de Chapultepec, piso 16, Mexico City 11000, Mexico, Attention: Ricardo Carvallo, Tel: +52 (55) 5540-9361
- Casa de Bolsa BBVA Bancomer, Montes Urales 620 2º floor, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec 11000, Mexico D.F. Attention: Banca de Inversión/ECM México, Tel: +52 (55) 5201-2069
- Santander Casa de Bolsa, Equity Capital Markets, Prol. Paseo de la Reforma, #500 Módulo 109 Col. Lomas de Santa Fe, Alvaro Obregón, 01219, México DF, Tel: +52 (55) 5269-1819, Attention: Roberto Baena
- HSBC Casa de Bolsa, Attention: Luis A Hernandez, Tesorería HSBC, Av Paseo de la Reforma 347 Piso 15, Col Cuauhtémoc C.P 06500, Mexico D.F
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high-quality products and reliable service to customers and communities in more than 50 countries throughout the world. CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through its efforts to pursue innovative industry solutions and efficiency advancements, and to promote a sustainable future. For more information, visit www.cemex.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements and information that are necessarily subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions. Many factors could cause the actual results, performance, or achievements of CEMEX to be materially different from those expressed or implied in this release, including, among others, changes in general economic, political, governmental and business conditions globally and in the countries in which CEMEX does business, changes in interest rates, changes in inflation rates, changes in exchange rates, the level of construction generally, changes in cement demand and prices, changes in raw material and energy prices, changes in business strategy, and various other factors. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein. CEMEX assumes no obligation to update or correct the information contained in this press release.