At CEMEX, our relationship with our suppliers is an integral part of our ultimate goal of meeting the needs of our customers, achieving a superior customer experience and creating value for all our stakeholders.
Our Procurement Model is designed to ensure a standard way to manage our company's network of suppliers through a uniform strategic sourcing process at national, regional and global levels, to:
- Guarantee the continuity of our operations by providing quality goods and services.
- Use a replicable set of standard policies, processes and tools for our supply planning, negotiation, purchasing and inventory management functions.
- Capitalize on our knowledge and the exchange of best practices.
At the same time, we capture economies of scale from our negotiations and manage our strategic supplier relationships to achieve the best cost/benefit from our sources of supply by certifying suppliers and contractors in key areas.
We are always looking ahead and constantly innovating. Consequently, our goal is to create a communication culture that reflects the best relationship with our suppliers, while working towards the objectives of our company.
In summary, in this section you will learn about our relationship with our suppliers, what we expect from them.
At CEMEX, we recognize that fostering innovation alongside our suppliers, is fundamental. It is a win-win process that promotes continuous improvement for our supply chain, benefiting both our company and our suppliers.
What does CEMEX is looking for?
We encourage our suppliers to share their disruptive and transformational ideas to improve our products, processes, and services.
Where does CEMEX is focused?
- Developing supply chain solutions supported by digital capabilities to provide building materials to builders, distributors and industrial manufacturers.
- Helping the industry to improve the construction processes supported by better building materials complying with sustainable credentials.
- Helping builder to be more efficient at their jobsites.
How to be part of the CEMEX Smart Innovation?
We invite our suppliers to participate in the open ideation challenges implemented in our several business units:
(through their negotiation contacts)
- SCA&C (South and Central America & the Caribbean)
- EMEA&A (Europe, Middle East, Africa & Asia)
- Global Procurement
CEMEX's performance is correspondingly dependent on its ability to partner with suppliers that share our passion for excellence and seek to continuously deliver value solutions to satisfy customers.
The “Supplier of the Year” program aims to recognize suppliers for their contribution to our businesses, by delivering profitable and innovative solutions and services to CEMEX and our customers.
It is a special distinction for suppliers with outstanding participation in supporting the CEMEX's objectives, in different areas of the company.
Strong commitment to safety, with a zero4life mindset, investing in and implementing a formal, measurable safety program.
Supplier with demonstrated leadership and outstanding performance on Suppliers Evaluation Program operations.
Outstanding performance in the introduction of new products or services to meet CEMEX's current and future business needs.
Provided a competitive advantage by exceeding expectations on the product or services provided.
The Supplier of the Year Award is the most distinguished award for the supplier with outstanding results in more than one category mentioned above.