Sustainability is one of our five strategic priorities and is present in every aspect of our business. For this reason, in 2014 we formed a Sustainability Committee with four members of our Board of Directors and a secretary, who evaluate and guide CEMEX's efforts to achieve the following goals:
- Integrate sustainable development into our short- and long-term strategies
- Attending the Board with shareholders, ensuring sustainable growth policies and practices
- Endorse our Sustainability Model, priorities and KPIs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of sustainability initiatives and their implementation
- Provide guidance to the CEO and Executive Committee on strategic sustainability decisions
In addition to the Board-level oversight of ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) topics, the EVP of Sustainability, Commercial & Operations Development (a member of CEMEX's Executive Committee), is responsible for executing our strategy. Meanwhile, the Global Head of Sustainability and the Corporate Sustainability Group coordinate with regional and country representatives to ensure consistent operations and progress.